The Canine Massage Therapy Certification program is a 4 day intensive training course. A 5 day program will be offered in 2021.
Class size is limited to three students per session
- At the time of your acceptance into the program, you will receive your class materials. This includes an anatomy textbook, a course manuals and 4 instructional DVDs.
- Pre-class preparation contained in your materials involves becoming familiar with basic anatomy and muscle function. You should also review the video material. This will enhance your on-site experience.
- The non-refundable course fee of $895 is required with your application. The 5 day program cost is $995.
- Since class size is small, you will receive individual instruction and supervision. Maximum hands on training is guaranteed
- A review and discussion of the history of massage, basic physiology, muscle fundamentals and ethics. Emphasis is placed on the value of massage therapy as an essential element of a dogs conditioning and health.
- Basic anatomy and muscle identification with a description of the function and interaction of each muscle group
- Introduction and practice of all of the massage strokes and where each stroke is used.
- Introduction and practice of massage on the neck and shoulders, and its functionality
- Review and practice on the neck and shoulders
- Instruction and practice of applied massage on the remaining front limb muscles.
- Instruction and practice of applied massage on the canine back and all supporting muscles
- Review and practice of all areas previously instructed
- Instruction and practice of applied massage on the canine hindquarters
- Review and discussion of muscles and functions
- Review and practice of massage techniques on the entire canine body
- Written examination
- Practical examination
- The 5 day program will follow this same structure, however day 4 will include practice exams with the final examinations given on the fifth day.