The Canine Massage Therapy Certification program is a 4 day intensive training course.
Beginning March 27, 2019, we will also offer a 5 day training course.
- Class size is limited to three students per session
- At the time of your acceptance into the program, you will receive your class materials. This includes an anatomy textbook, 2 course manuals and 4 instructional DVDs.
- Pre-class preparation contained in your materials involves becoming familiar with basic anatomy and muscle function. You should also review the video material. This will enhance your on-site experience.
- The non-refundable course fee of $895 is required with your application. The 5 day program cost is $995.
- Class size is small. You will receive individual instruction and supervision. Maximum hands on training is guaranteed
- A review and discussion of the history of massage, basic physiology, muscle fundamentals and ethics. Emphasis is placed on the value of massage therapy as an essential element of a dogs conditioning and health.
- Basic anatomy and muscle identification with a description of the function and interaction of each muscle group
- Introduction and practice of all of the massage strokes and where each stroke is used.
- Introduction and practice of massage on the neck and shoulders, and its functionality
- Review and practice on the neck and shoulders
- Instruction and practice of applied massage on the remaining front limb muscles.
- Instruction and practice of applied massage on the canine back and all supporting muscles
- Review and practice of all areas previously instructed
- Instruction and practice of applied massage on the canine hindquarters
- Review and discussion of muscles and functions
- Review and practice of massage techniques on the entire canine body
- Written examination
- Practical examination
- The 5 day program will follow this same structure, however day 4 will include practice exams with the final examinations given on the fifth day.
Throughout our time together, we will study not just the ‘how to’ of massage, but all elements of the ‘why’ of massage. The practical benefits and explanations of what makes massage therapy so vital. Also, we will discuss elements of developing and maintaining a practice, with emphasis on client-therapist communication.